FAQ’s: Community of Accessible Employers
What is the Community of Accessible Employers?
In October of 2018, the Presidents Group launched the Community of Accessible Employers. This is an open network of BC business leaders who are committed to accessibility and inclusion in the workplace.
What’s the difference between the Presidents Group and the Community of Accessible Employers?
The Presidents Group
The Presidents Group is an advisory committee of business leaders to the Provincial Government that are championing more accessible, inclusive workplaces. These members:
- Are invited and appointed to the advisory committee by the Ministry
- Meet quarterly to advise the government on key policies and legislation when it comes to inclusive employment
The Community of Accessible Employers
The Community of Accessible Employers is for any individual/organization who wants to join the inclusive employment movement. These members:
- Sign up voluntarily through accessibleemployers.ca/join/
- Have the option to contribute to website resources
- Are encouraged to promote being a member of the Community of Accessible Employers and have the option of having their businesses logo featured on the Accessible Employers website
Why should I join the Community of Accessible Employers?
By joining this community, members have the opportunity to learn from fellow businesses about what’s working and lessons learned in creating an accessible and inclusive workforce.
Membership is free.
As a member you will receive:
- A subscription to our monthly newsletter
- Custom-tailored resources and tools based on where your organization is on your journey of accessibility and inclusion
- Invites to events that are relevant to your background/industry
- Opportunities to connect with Presidents Group members
- Access to relevant training – in-person and virtual webinars
- Ability to promote being a member of the Community of Accessible Employers and have the option of being listed on the Accessible Employers website
- Option to contribute additional resources to the Accessible Employers website
Who’s currently a member of the Community of Accessible Employers?
We currently have 83 members, representing over 75 different organizations in the Community of Accessible Employers. These organizations make up a wide variety of different industry sizes and sectors. Some of our current member sectors include:
- Large Corporations
- Small Business Owners
- Financial Organizations
- News and Entertainment Industry
- Law Firms
- Government Agencies
- Security Firms
- Consulting Companies
- Post-Secondary Institutions
- Food and Beverage Groups
- Not-for-Profit Organizations