Employer Wellness Tips from Neil Squire Solutions
Use the following three wellness tips to ensure that your organizations workstations and environment are contributing to the health and well-being of your employees.
1. Encourage Employees to Move and Take Breaks
- The 20-20-20 Rule helps reduce eye strain: Look 20 feet away from the computer for 20 seconds every 20 minutes.
- Alternating between sitting and standing or incorporating stretch breaks helps employees be healthy at work.
- Changing positions doesn’t take away from valuable working time, but rather can make for a more healthy and efficient employee.
2. Get to Know the Equipment
- Ensure that the office equipment is adjusted to each employee’s specific needs to help prevent workplace discomfort and injuries.
- Most office equipment is made to support varying posture throughout the day, so encourage the practice.
3. Be Proactive and Identify Issues Early
- Create an environment where employees feel comfortable coming forward if they are experiencing difficulties at work.
- Many ergonomic issues can be resolved with education and equipment adjustments.
- If issues are identified early, the employee can remain healthier at work, and you can reap the benefits of increased productivity and employee satisfaction.
For more information on workplace adjustments and how they can support your business, visit the Neil Squire Solutions team’s website at: www.neilsquiresolutions.ca