CTRS Market Intelligence
Aaron Cruikshank, President
Aaron Cruikshank is a market intelligence and research professional with more than 20 years of experience in dozens of sectors, including private sector, government and nonprofits.
After a career in the public service, Aaron began working as a freelancer/researcher in 2003. Including a stint as an Associate Vice President with Ipsos in 2011-2012, Aaron has worked with many large organizations, including Bosch, Bosa Properties, London Drugs, FortisBC, BC Hydro, the Government of Canada, BC Lottery Corporation, the City of Surrey, Vancity Credit Union, New York Institute of Technology, Nintendo and the Business Development Bank of Canada. Aaron formed CTRS after leaving an Executive Director role in 2014.
Aaron’s areas of expertise are market intelligence, competitive intelligence, qualitative market research, market validation, public policy research and strategy, and business strategy in heavily regulated industries. Aaron holds a Bachelor’s degree in Communication and a Master of Public Policy from Simon Fraser University. He is working on his Executive MBA at the University of Fredericton before moving on to his Doctorate.
Aaron is located in Maple Ridge, BC, on the unceded territory of the Stó:lô and Katzie nations.
Who We Are
CTRS is a leading provider of Market Intelligence services in North America. We empower organizational leaders with research and analysis to use market signals to their advantage so they can make better and more informed decisions about the future of their organization.
Established in 2003, CTRS has become a recognized player in the market intelligence space and has worked with more than 700 clients across North America and other parts of the world.
Why We Are Involved
We are thrilled to be part of Presidents Group as it aligns very well with our values. For the past five years, CTRS has been experimenting with our business model to create life-changing employment for those with difficulty working in traditional workplaces.
Some team members face disabilities that preclude them from the traditional Monday to Friday, 9-5 working environment. We accommodate their needs by ensuring even those who cannot work full time make at least a living wage and with a 100% remote working environment – that we give people the space and time that they need to take care of their health and/or dependents that need them.
We are part of the inclusive employment movement because we know no other way to be. We are working together to survive in a world that wasn’t made to accommodate our needs and trying to show others how to see the potential in others who do not fit in traditional workplaces.
Distinction and Awards
- Certified B Corporation,
- Certified Living Wage Employer,
- Certified LGBT+ Business Enterprise.
- CTRS hires people who cannot work full-time because of various issues.
- CTRS offers at least 2x the current living wage so that employees can make a living wage working 50% FTE (full-time equivalent).
- CTRS has a remote work model that allows people to work where and when they want as long as they meet their deadlines.
- CTRS has extended health coverage which covers not only traditional medical/dental work but also has an extensive mental health support program as well as long-term disability coverage, which covers employees for up to two years of leave.
- CTRS is constantly introducing new technology solutions to support different employee barriers.