Brightside Community Homes Foundation
Who We Are
Brightside is a local, charitable, non-profit organization that owns and manages 26 buildings across Metro Vancouver. Brightside’s mission is to provide affordable homes to seniors, families and persons with disabilities and to fight for a future where people of all income levels have a home within a vibrant, safe and healthy community.
Why We Are Involved
At Brightside, we are committed to recognizing and reflecting the diversity of the people we house, the communities we build, and the talent we employ. As a values-driven, affordable housing provider, we strive to support our local community and those experiencing the challenges of poverty. In our commitment to Social Justice, we know that we must be intentional in highlighting issues, take action to create equitable opportunities, and actively advocate for our vision.
- Developed a “Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion” statement for the organization
- Became a certified Living Wage Employer
- Champion (and participate in) the “50-30 challenge” initiative (Gov’t of Canada)
- Developed Attraction, Recruitment & Selection practices focused on inclusion and hiring for diversity
- Completed purpose-built website upgrades that adheres to WCAG 2.1 AAA accessibility guidelines
- Included “Workplace Accessibility & Inclusion Audits” into our annual work plans