Erinn Pinkerton, President & Chief Executive Officer
Erinn Pinkerton is the President and CEO of BC Transit. Since 2008, Ms. Pinkerton has been instrumental in delivering improved transit service to over 130 communities across BC. Ms. Pinkerton is committed to making transit services more responsive, convenient and accessible to all customers and has been leading many initiatives, including the smart bus technology project which introduces real-time bus information, automated stop announcements and closed circuit TV cameras onboard each bus.
Ms. Pinkerton has 20 years of experience in the transportation industry and holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree and a Masters of Business Administration.
Who We Are
BC Transit is a Crown Corporation, which provides affordable transportation services customers can rely on in over 130 communities in British Columbia outside of the lower mainland.
BC Transit works in partnership with the provincial government, as well as local governments and First Nations to provide conventional, interregional, and handyDART transit services across the province.
Why We Are Involved
At BC Transit, we recognize the value of a diverse workforce and its contribution to the employee and customer experience.
Through our core values, we are committed to promoting accessibility, equity, diversity and inclusion as part of our culture, in our workspaces and on board our buses.
Distinction and Awards
- 2021: Top Employer in BC, Canada’s Top 100 Employers
- WorkSafeBC Certificate of Recognition (COR)
- NextRide initiative provides real-time location data of buses and their capacity.
- Partnership with Transit App to provide better accessibility for our customers.
- Automated on-board audio and visual announcements on buses to assist hearing and visually-impaired customers.
- BC Transit fleet is accessible for customers using mobility aids, with dedicated seating areas and mobility ramps.
- BC Transit’s head office includes accessibility features such as automated doors, accessible bathrooms, ramps, and pathways.
- Free transit pass for employees and dependents.
- Travel Training programs to help seniors and persons with disabilities use transit.
- Launched our People and Culture Plan (2020-2025) written for, and with, BC Transit employees and specifically outlining how the organization will grow, support, lead and engage with our employees over five years through three specific goals: inspiring employee growth and development; streamlining communication and growing employee engagement; and, elevating human resources technology.
- Launching our equity, diversity and inclusion journey in early 2021, focused on moving BC Transit towards being an organization of inclusive excellence.
- A 100 per cent low-floor or lift-equipped fleet.