WHO WE ARE
The Vancouver Airport Authority is the community-based, not-for- profit organization that manages Vancouver International Airport (YVR).
WHY WE’RE INVOLVED
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce representative of the community and customers we serve.
DISTINCTION AND AWARDS
- 2017: Inclusion Champion Award for an Airport in North America, ACI-NA Awards
- 2016: Best Airport in the World, CAPA Centre for Aviation
- Best Airport in North America eight years in a row, ACI-NA Awards
- One of British Columbia’s Top Employers, ten years in a row
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES
Between 450 – 500
- Dedicated position in Human Resources for Diversity & Inclusion initiatives.
- Implemented an Inclusive Return to Work Program.
- Implemented a Work from Home Program.
- Conduct YVR Accessibility Tours.
- Developed resources kits to assist individuals traveling with autism.
- Conduct Disability Awareness Training with staff.
- Implemented a Universal Access working group.
- Employment Equity & Diversity Team.
- Piloted a Co-op Student program supporting students with disabilities.
- Conduct Annual Disability Awareness Campaigns.
- Conduct inclusive recruiting practices.
- Currently in partnerships with Spinal Cord Injury and Canucks Autism network.
- Hire co-op students that reflect YVR’s communities, customers and philosophies regarding universal access.
- Shift perceptions internally and externally about accessibility.
- Tap into a traditionally under-utilized segment of job-seekers.
- Build talent pipelines for future job vacancies at YVR.
- Establish a positive example for other businesses, including airport business partners.