WHO WE ARE
TELUS is Canada’s fastest-growing telecommunications company with the strategic intent to unleash the power of the Internet to deliver the best solutions for Canadians at home, in the workplace and on the move. TELUS provides a wide range of communications products and services including wireless data, Internet protocol (IP), voice, entertainment and video, and is one of Canada’s largest healthcare IT providers.
WHY WE’RE INVOLVED
Our commitment to promoting and celebrating diversity and inclusiveness within our team, our company and the communities where we live, work and serve is about much more than policies or mandates. Diversity lives in the hearts and minds of every member of our TELUS family and is inextricably linked to our brand promise – the future is friendly. Indeed, diversity is deeply ingrained within our culture, shaping us as an organization and helping us achieve success in the marketplace whilst creating stronger and more caring communities.
DISTINCTION AND AWARDS
- Since 2013: TELUS inducted into Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures Hall of Fame
- One of Canada’s Top 100 Employers
- Best Diversity Employer for the 10th consecutive year
- Supplier Diversity Program was recognized by Women Business Enterprises (WBE) and as an Organizational Leader in the Community by the Immigrant Employment Council of BC (IEC)
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES
51,250 internationally as of 2016
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES WHO SELF – IDENTIFY AS HAVING A DISABILITY
2,511 in Canada as of 2017
- Partnered with the Canadian Autism Network to continue the Abilities Network speaker series, which focuses on creating a supportive and inclusive work environment for employees with varying abilities.
- Conducted Unconscious Bias training with groups of leaders across TELUS.
- Embarking on a partnership with Specialisterne Canada, an organization that helps businesses and employers understand, value, and integrate the unique perspective and capabilities of people on the autism spectrum.
- Launched a cross-functional working group to focus on ensuring TELUS solutions are accessible to all customers, including those with varying abilities.
- TELUS launched training sessions, forums, roundtables, and workshops on unconscious biases in the workplace.
- Provide online resources in support of our commitment to inclusiveness in the workplace.
- Volunteered more than 625,000 hours with our hearts and hands to charitable and not-for-profit organizations across Canada.