WHO WE ARE
BCAA’s vision is to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing, while delivering on our mission to bring amazing experiences down life’s many roads. We are a membership organization protecting British Columbians on the road, at home and in their travels.
WHY WE’RE INVOLVED
One of our key strategic focuses is on our people. We want to strengthen our foundation – our people – by supporting them and ensuring we attract a broad, diverse range of talent across the province. Strengthening our community is a component of why we exist. We believe in order to do this successfully, our workforce should reflect the communities we serve.
DISTINCTION AND AWARDS
- 2016: Canada’s Top Employer for Young People, Mediacorp/li>
- 2016: Best Employer (Gold), AON
- 2015: Ipsos BC’s Most Loved Brands
- 2015: Best Employer, AON
- J.D. Power award, five consecutive years, including seven in the past eight years
- Several AAA Innovation Awards
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES
- Participated in the “Diversity & Inclusion Benchmarking Survey” through the Conference Board of Canada, which will allow us to assess our own efforts against organizational practices across Canada, and help us to create a comprehensive diversity and inclusion program.
- Formal Diversity & Inclusion program to be introduced, incorporated into our new website, intranet and leadership development program.
- All of our facilities (home office, retail locations and auto service centres) meet building code requirements for accessibility.
- Renovated the Home Office gym with 1 fully accessible change room with roll-in shower.
- As part of our retail location renovation project, we are planning to have two accessibility wickets where the desk is lowered for ease of access
- New HR Management System (HRMS) will have the ability to provide reports in order to track our progress in hiring and retaining people with disabilities.
- Launched a new Intranet to showcase an enhanced Employee Assistance & Wellness page.
- New Careers page will encourage people with disabilities to apply