SAP Labs Canada
Agnes Garaba, Chief Operating Officer
Agnes has been with SAP for 15 years and she is currently the Chief Operating Officer for SAP Labs Canada, based in Vancouver. As the SAP Labs Canada COO, Agnes is responsible for developing, implementing and managing the operational plan to execute the strategic vision and mission of SAP Labs Canada.
In her previous role, Agnes was the SVP and Head of Human Resources for EMEA South at SAP, based in Madrid, Spain. Prior to moving to Europe with SAP, Agnes was the Head of HR for SAP Canada for over 3 years, working with the SAP Executive Leadership Teams across Canada to drive business execution through best in class Human Capital practices and employee engagement. Her team was responsible for bringing SAP’s People Strategy to life for SAP Canada’s close to 3000 employees across 6 major Canadian locations.
With over 19 years of progressive Operations and Human Resources experience, Agnes has worked in a variety of organizations such as Electronic Arts and Eagle Professional Resources prior to SAP.
Agnes holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from Europe and she is a Chartered Professional in Human Resources in Canada. She is fluent in English, Spanish, French and Hungarian. Outside of work, she keeps busy with her two young children and she is also a recreational athlete training for off-road triathlons and trail running races.
Who We Are
SAP Labs are research & development locations that develop SAP’s core technology products. SAP Labs Canada serves customers across the country and around the world and has a significant research and development presence in Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, and Vancouver.
Why We Are Involved
We are dedicated to eliminating bias in the workplace. We want to enable every individual to be recognized for what they have to contribute and have the freedom to be their authentic selves. This culture of inclusion not only helps make us a great place to work, but also drives the success of our business.
Distinction and Awards
- 2021: Top Employer in BC, Canada’s Top 100 Employers
- 2021: Top Employers in Canada, Canada’s Top 100 Employers
- 2020: Canada’s Best Employers 2020, Forbes & Statista
- 2020: Best Workplaces. Great Place to Work
- 2020: BC’s Top Employers, Canada’s Top 100 Employers
- 2020: Canada’s Top Employers for Young People, Top 100
- 2020: Top Employer North America, Top Employers Institute
- Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Waterstone Human Capital
- Piloted SAP’s Autism at Work program to bring people with autism into the workforce.
- Celebrated 15 years of impact through charitable grants, sponsorships, and volunteering 5,000 hours of service to non-profits across Canada annually through SAP’s Corporate Social Responsibility program.
- Recently launched the SAP Autism Inclusion Pledge to inspire more more organizations to become autism inclusive or expand upon their existing existing autism inclusion programs.
- Partnered with Daivergent, a service which integrates with HR software software to help companies find tech talent on the spectrum and empower empower neurodiverse individuals to help society unlock the power of data.
- Implemented SAP’s Product Standard Accessibility policy to allow allow everyone, including those with disabilities, to access and use use technology and information products.
- Committed to a diversity and inclusion strategy including a focus on inclusive career journeys, inclusive culture, and diverse ecosystem.
- 165+ SAP employees employed internationally via the Autism at Work program.
- Through our iXp program, SAP hires over 300 interns annually with a diverse set of backgrounds across Canada on a rotating basis.
- SAP Canada is the first business in Canada to be awarded the Rick Hansen Accessibility Gold Certification.