Russell Zirnhelt, Executive Vice President, Ledcor Construction
As Executive Vice President, Ledcor Construction Limited, Russell is the executive-in-charge for Ledcor Construction and collaborates with Ledcor’s other divisions and construction partners across Canada.
Russell joined Ledcor in 2010 and has over 20 years of experience in business, engineering, project management and finance. He has played a key role and held board positions on several of Ledcor’s major projects including;the BC Children’s and BC Women’s Redevelopment Project Phase 2, Teck Acute Care Centre, Next Generation Kentucky Information Highway, Mackenzie Valley Fibre Link Project, and Southwest Calgary Ring Road.
Russell Zirnhelt has a Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering in Electrical Engineering from University of Victoria in 2000 and a Master of Business Administration in Finance & Entrepreneurship from San Diego State University – California State University in 2006. Russell and his family live in North Vancouver.
Who We Are
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies, serving the civil and infrastructure, oil and gas, pipeline, building, mining, power, and telecommunications sectors. Ledcor also owns operations in property investment, forestry, aviation, and marine transportation services.
Ledcor is a privately-held, employee-owned company with over 800 employee shareholders. Ledcor employs over 6000 people across 20 offices. Since 1947 the company has been growing with its clients and partners: Forward. Together.
Why We Are Involved
We are committed to treating all people with respect and dignity. Our culture of teamwork, integrity, safety, and making a difference for others is supported throughout the company.
We are keen to share our best practices and learn from what others are doing to ensure continuous improvements for people with disabilities in the workplace.
Distinction and Awards
- Vancouver Board of Trade Rix Award for Corporate Citizenship, 2019
- International Pipeline and Offshore Contractors Association (IPLOCA) Award for Corporate Social Responsibility, 2019
- Indeed Top-Rated Workplaces: Best in Canada, 2019
- Indeed Top-Rated Workplaces in Canada, 2018
- Indeed 10 Best Places to Work (British Columbia), 2018
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work in Canada, 2018
- Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, 2017
- Indeed Best Places to Work in Canada, 2017
- Employment Equity Achievement Award (EEAA), 2016
- Launch of Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity Council.
- Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with a disability who are unable to apply online.
- As part of our work from home review, we will be looking at how this flexible work environment could enable more employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Awareness sessions for senior leaders around inclusion and diversity for marginalized groups, including those with physical and mental disabilities.
- The Ledcor Cares giving program supports a variety of initiatives, including Easter Seals, Kids Help Phone, and Canucks Autism Network.