Sam Whittaker, Assurance Market Leader West
Sam Whittaker is an Assurance Partner at EY, leading the National Financial Accounting Advisory Services team.
He has a long history of inspiring inclusiveness initiatives through years of heading up EY’s campus recruiting program, as well as various other practices along the way. In addition to living inclusiveness each day throughout his national team, Sam also currently serves as EY’s regional champion for diversity, inclusion and equity in Western Canada, with recent focus on the strong fostering of neurodiversity within teams, as well as close ties to EY’s social responsibility practice.
Who We Are
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over.
We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
Why We Are Involved
By focusing on human equity and inclusiveness, in Canada and globally, we are evolving our culture to empower every individual to capitalize on their unique strengths and experiences—and help EY thrive as a result of the richness our people bring into the workplace. We also champion these values beyond EY’s boundaries.
Distinction and Awards
- 2019: Top Companies Where Canada Wants to Work Now, LinkedIn
- 2018: Canada’s Best Workplaces, Great Place to Work
- 2018: Most Attractive Employers, Universum
- Have a Canada-wide multiyear accessibility plan focusing on information and communication, employment, policies and training, client and external feedback.
- Started AccessAbilities Network, an employee resource group to spread awareness around people with disabilities.
- Resources are available on our internal site on topics related to persons with disabilities.
- Considering ways we can maximize accessibility in our office design.
- Set up mindfulness training series for employees (Vancouver).
- Mental wellness group started by employees for employees (Vancouver).
- Work with all employees who request an accommodation to better perform their jobs.
- Have working groups to deconstruct operational processes for exclusionary elements.
- The Wellness Wednesday newsletter provides mental health tips to all employees.
- New in 2019, employees can use up to $5,000 towards Mental Health benefits.
- All newly promoted managers receive unconscious bias training.