WHO WE ARE
Pacific Blue Cross is a not-for-profit benefits society and a proud and active contributor to the British Columbia economy. We are the largest provider of health and dental benefits in BC.
WHY WE’RE INVOLVED
At Pacific Blue Cross, we have a mission to improve health and wellbeing in British Columbia. This is reflected not only in the work we do, but the programs and support we offer our own employees. Our 1.5 million members are the foundation of Pacific Blue Cross and we strive to build a workplace which reflects that diversity. We have a continuous improvement mindset that pushes us to become a top diversity employer in the province.
DISTINCTION AND AWARDS
- 2017: One of BC’s Top Employers
- 2017: Named the most trusted brand in travel insurance, Reader’s Digest poll
- 2016: Giving Hearts Award Finalist
- 2015: Top Diversity Employer, Minerva Foundation
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES WHO SELF-IDENTIFY AS HAVING A DISABILITY
- Dedicated HR Advisor and Learning Manager supporting all Diversity and Inclusion activities.
- Inclusive Return to Work program that supports employees with any new accommodations they may need.
- Wheelchair accessibility standards throughout our facilities.
- Every desk is sit/stand to promote a healthy workspace.
- A newly formed Diversity & Inclusion Team at Pacific Blue Cross’s head office advises on inclusive workplace initiatives. This committee was established by the HR and Learning and Development teams. Some initial objectives consist of: an inclusive leadership program, safe prayer spaces, cultural celebration days, awareness lunch and learns, enhancing the career webpage to make the page accessible to applicants with diverse needs and gender neutral washrooms.
- Health and Wellness Committee runs initiatives to support staff in leading a healthy lifestyle.
- First Diversity & Inclusion Team formed in 2017, made up of both union and exempt employees for five different departments at head office.
- Providing an inclusive, safe and mobility-friendly work environment that strives to go above and beyond building code standards.
- Personalized solutions to meet changing healthcare needs for our diverse group of members.