WHO WE ARE
Fairware helps organizations to better engage their customers, employees and partners while reducing impacts on the world through the creation of sustainable, custom branded products.
WHY WE ’RE INVOLVED
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and are always looking for new ways of how we can drive positive change within our community.
DISTINCTION AND AWARDS
- 2013: #210 on Profit 500 list
- 2012: Founders named 81st on PROFIT/Chatelaine W100 Ranking of Canada’s Top Female Entrepreneurs
- 2012: Finalist in RBC Canadian Women Entrepreneur of the Year
- B Corporation Certification – Founding Canadian B Corp
- Member of Fair Labor Association – Category C
- Climate Smart Certified Business
- Certified Women Owned Business
- Certified LGBT Owned Business
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES WHO SELF-IDENTIFY AS HAVING A DISABILITY
- Facilitated training for all-staff in Diversity and Inclusion.
- Dedicated to social hiring practices both internally as an organization and externally with the vendors they work with.
- Participant in the B Corp Inclusive Economy Challenge to increase their positive impact within their business practices and move toward an inclusive economy.
- Fairware is a certified living wage employer in BC.
- Introduced Diversity and Inclusion training for the team, updated hiring and job postings to better include their commitments in this area.
- Tracking significant suppliers for diverse ownership (women, LGBTQ, minorities.)
- Formalizing policies to continue hiring from communities with barriers to employment.
- Community partnership with Vancouver Street Soccer League, providing volunteer hours, cash and in-kind donations.
- Empowered a team member to share her mental illness (bi-polar disorder) for the first time ever in a workplace.