WHO WE ARE
Central 1 is a preferred partner for financial, digital banking and payment products and services – fueling the success of businesses across Canada. With over $18 billion in assets, we leverage our scale, strength and expertise to power progress for more than 300 credit unions and other financial institutions, enhancing the financial well-being of more than 3.4 million customers from coast to coast.
WHY WE’RE INVOLVED
Central 1 wholeheartedly embraces an inclusive workforce that represents the diversity of our communities and recognizes that differences in physical ability, mental ability, gender, race and sexual orientation. Thinking style and background are key to our ability to power progress for credit unions to enhance the well-being of all Canadians.
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES WHO SELF-IDENTIFY AS HAVING A DISABILITY
- Annual survey of employee population to understand levels of representation of employees with disabilities.
- Partnered with the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion to understand representation benchmarks to Canadian population.
- Diversity and inclusion measures are included as part of our RFP process for recruiting firms.
- Return to Work Program is focused on ensuring an accessible workplace for participants.
- Teleworking options exist for all eligible employees.
- Inclusive recruiting practices, including offers for accommodation at various stages in the process.
- Strong relationship with local universities and technical schools to support co-op programs.
- Employee family assistance program provides employees with access to confidential, qualified counseling professionals who can help support personal and work-related challenges before they affect an individual’s health, family or ability to work.
- Accessible evacuation procedures – e.g. shelter in place for individuals with mobility challenges.
- Plan-it Health and Plan-it Wealth are portals that provide tools and education relating to physical and financial topics.
- Partner with innovative Health Provider to provide employees with CHANGE4LIFE Portal that provides a one of a kind ticket to best in class information on health and wellness topics.
- Initiated a diversity and inclusion council to discuss opportunities to promote diversity and inclusion.
- Best Doctors program helps employees become better health care advocates by providing them with the information, support and access to the best medical minds in the world.