WHO WE ARE
Buy-Low Foods provides shoppers with low food prices on top quality produce, meat, national brand products, along with our award winning private label “Western Classics and Western Family”. Our most important job is serving our customers.
WHY WE’RE INVOLVED
Our customers are as diverse as the province’s makeup, and we want to ensure our employees reflect the diversity of our customer base. We are committed to the communities we operate in, and believe part of that commitment involves creating employment opportunities for all individuals, including those with diverse abilities.
DISTINCTION AND AWARDS
- 2016: President of the Year, Jim Pattison Group
- 2016: Red Heart Award, Variety Children’s Charity
- 2016: Employer of the Year, Developmental Disabilities Association
- 2016: Large Business of the Year, Business Excellence Awards – Osoyoos Buy-Low Foods
- 2015: Award of Excellence, Jim Pattison Group
- Multiple Years: Canadian Independent Grocer of the Year Award(s) of Merit
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES
- Partnered with Jobs West for the eleventh consecutive year, an employment service operated by the Developmental Disabilities Association, to employ individuals living with developmental disabilities.
- Piloted a specially designed shopping cart (Caroline’s Cart) at the Osoyoos, BC and other Buy-Low Foods locations. The cart is specially designed to provide parents and caregivers a viable option to transport a person with special needs while shopping.
- Assisted numerous job seekers by providing training opportunities and practice informational interviews.
- A number of team members with diverse abilities have been with us for over ten years.
- Volunteered hundreds of hours in community events supporting individuals with diverse abilities.
- Daniel Bregg was a Red Heart Awards recipient in 2016 for helping to raise millions of dollars in support of children with special needs.