WHO WE ARE
BCLC conducts and manages lottery, casino and eGaming on behalf of the province. For 32 years, we have offered gambling in a socially responsible manner for the benefit of all British Columbians.
WHY WE’RE INVOLVED
We are committed to making diversity and inclusion a priority and see great benefit in working with other business leaders in our province on this important initiative. We recognize that the thinking, ideas, insights and perspectives of a diverse group of employees are a key element to our ongoing success.
DISTINCTION AND AWARDS
- 2017: Keeping People First: CEO Award, Chartered Professionals in Human Resources, BC & Yukon
- Top 50 BC Employer for nine consecutive years
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES:
- Board and Executive team have created the organization’s diversity and inclusion commitment statement, which encompasses four pillars: Inclusive Leadership, Employee Value Proposition, Bias-Free Processes and Community Engagement.
- Conducted a 2016 survey to assess employees’ understanding on diversity and inclusion.
- Beginning unconscious bias training for senior leadership team.
- Removing unconscious bias from organizational systems and processes.
- Building in diversity and inclusion measures as part of our RFP process.
- Reviewing our recruitment, hiring, and succession planning practices for unconscious bias.
- Ensuring job applicant’s needs are accommodated during our interview process.
- Posting career opportunities with BC Partners in Workplace Innovation – a program that ensures job opportunities are widely accessible to disability service organizations.
- Conducted a physical workplace assessment on our two office locations and a casino facility.
- Board has committed to being world leaders in diversity and inclusion by 2022.
- 87% overall engagement in our annual 2017 Employee Engagement survey; 81% of employees felt that BCLC is a diverse organization based upon a 2016 Perspective survey.
- Each member of our Executive team is supporting one of our diversity and inclusion pillars.