We’re Hiring! Communications and Marketing Specialist
Title: Marketing & Communications Specialist
Employment Type: Contract to February, 2022
Work Schedule: Full-Time
Reports to: Senior Accessibility Consultant, Strategy and Engagement
Job Category: Marketing and Communications
Location: Vancouver, BC (accessible by transit)
Salary Range: $55,000-$60,000, plus extended health care benefits
We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including persons with disabilities. Candidates are encouraged to voluntarily self-identify in their application. Accommodations for persons with a disability will be provided throughout the selection process and during employment.
The Marketing & Communications Specialist engages the business community online through the website, social media and other platforms. The role incumbent will raise awareness about the business case behind hiring people with disabilities, and find opportunities to share the work of the Presidents Group and the online Community of Accessible Employers with new audiences. This role will also be responsible for curating and creating content that helps employers be more accessible and inclusive.
Key areas of accountability
- Implement and continue to develop the communications plan and social media strategy.
- Build social media presence and following – particularly on Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Manage social media on all platforms, including responding to enquiries and comments.
- Generate content for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn (including posts, tweets, stories, and more).
- Maintain the website with up-to-date, appropriate, and functional content.
- Conduct analytics on the website and determine strategies for web promotion.
- Drive and attract traffic to the website.
- Write Presidents Group newsletter with relevant content.
- Prepare content for presentations to stakeholders and public audiences.
- Develop and update the Resource Toolkit (guides, check lists, audit tools, etc.) and Stories and Case Studies, based on research and collective learnings of the business community.
- Generate external communication content where required.
Community & Member Engagement
- Document President’s Group members’ accessibility initiatives.
- Target specific publications and associations to find opportunities to market the message.
- Maintain speaker’s bureau for key events.
- Connect members to services, tools and resources.
- Link in with member organizations’ communications teams to maximize existing opportunities.
- Ensure all content created is accessible.
- Administrative duties as required.
- Provide updates and reports on progress and targets to Senior Accessibility Consultant.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated experience preparing written marketing content.
- Strong project management skills.
- Highly effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Comfortable with delivering presentations to senior leaders and public audiences.
- Highly proficient with WordPress, MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, and photo editing software.
- Experience managing Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Google Analytics.
- Task-oriented individual who executes to deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and follow instruction.
- Ability to work in a flexible environment and to work independently.
Knowledge and experience
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Communications, Digital Marketing, or similar discipline. (OR the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.)
- Two years’ experience in communications or digital marketing. (OR the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.)
- Knowledge of accessibility practices is an asset.
- Lived experience of disability in the workplace is an asset.
- Must pass a criminal record check.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the position, please send them to the above email address.