Events Events from March 2018
Free Training Event on Inclusive Hiring
Practical Steps to Recruit and Retain an Inclusive Workforce – March 6, 2018
You are invited to a one-day professional development training event, designed for operations and hiring managers to better hire, engage and retain people with disabilities. This first training event is complimentary and made possible by presenting sponsor, parq Vancouver and with funding from the Vancouver Foundation.
Workshop topics include:
- Why Inclusive Cultures Matter
- What’s Working for Business – What are leading employers doing that I can learn from?
- Workplace Adjustments and Duty to Accommodate – What is reasonable accommodation?
- Unconscious Bias – What are the unintended barriers in my workplace?
- Neuro Diverse Talent – Autism in the Workplace
- Candidates and Employees Living with Mental Health Conditions
- Practical Day to Day, Inclusive and Innovative Employment Practice
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you have.
Space is limited, so please reserve your tickets. A maximum of ten tickets per organization will be allotted. Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
When: March 6
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Where: JW Marriott Parq Vancouver (39 Smithe Street, Vancouver, BC)
Disability Expo and Job Fair
Presentation on the impact of accessible and inclusive workplaces – March 2, 2018
Join Presidents Group Accessibility and Inclusion Consultant, Marco Pasqua for a presentation entitled “The Impact of Accessible and Inclusive Workplaces”.
Cost: Free, open to the public
When: March 2
Presentation: 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM
Expo and Job Fair: 11:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Where: Roundhouse Community Arts and Recreation Centre (181 Roundhouse Mews, Vancouver, BC)
- Events from Late January – February 2018
- Events from December 2017
- Events from November 2017
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month (October 2017)
- Disability Employment Month in BC (September 2017)