Practical Steps to Recruit and Retain an Inclusive Workforce
On June 12 2019, the Presidents Group, along with their partners BC WiN and WCG Services invite you to a one-day professional development training event, designed for operations and hiring managers to better hire, engage and retain people with disabilities. This training event is complimentary for businesses and made possible with funding from the Vancouver Foundation.
Register here on Eventbrite
What will be covered:
- Why Inclusive Cultures Matter
- What’s Working for Business – What are leading employers doing that I can learn from?
- Workplace Adjustments and Duty to Accommodate – What is reasonable accommodation?
- Unconscious Bias – What are the unintended barriers in my workplace?
- Neuro Diverse Talent – Autism in the Workplace
- Practical Day to Day, Inclusive and Innovative Employment Practices
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you have.
Space is limited so please reserve your tickets. A maximum of 6 tickets per organization will be allotted. Coffee and tea throughout the day, and lunch will be provided.
*NOTE: In order to ensure we are meeting the mandates of our funding application, our current training sessions are restricted to employers from for-profit businesses.
Inclusive Business Forum 2019
Friday, July 5, 2019
This forum, presented in partnership with the Greater Vancouver Board of Trade, will explore how employers can effectively engage and support a diverse workforce and will highlight both large and small businesses in our region that are proactively creating a workplace culture of inclusion.
- Rick Hansen Foundation Awards Vancity with Top Accessibility Rating
- Events from December 2018
- Events from October 2018
- Events from September 2018
- Events from June 2018
- SAP Labs Awarded Rick Hansen Foundation’s ‘Accessibility Certified Gold’ Rating
- Events from April 2018
- Events from March 2018
- Events from Late January – February 2018
- Events from December 2017
- Events from November 2017
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month (October 2017)
- Disability Employment Month in BC (September 2017)