Leading An Innovative, Inclusive Organization
On October 19, the Presidents Group met with almost 170 B.C. CEOs and small business owners to talk about leading accessible, inclusive workplaces and share strategies for improving employment outcomes for people with disabilities. The Roundtable facilitated talks on innovative and inclusive organizations, the business impacts of upcoming federal accessibility legislation and how to encourage businesses to hire people with disabilities.
See our Media Release for a recap of the days events.
Autism in the Workplace for Employers
On Tuesday, October 16th the Presidents Group and our partners hosted an ‘Autism in the Workplace’ conference at the Goodlife Fitness Family Autism Hub in Richmond. The conference ran from 8:30am – 3pm. There were sessions led by both professionals who have experience supporting individuals with ASD and organizations that have successfully implemented strategies to make their workforce more neurodiverse.
This conference was for people leaders and HR professionals who are looking to;
- Gain a greater understanding of autism and what it looks like in the workplace.
- Increase your confidence in hiring and retaining individuals on the spectrum.
- Hear about practical examples you can implement to support individuals on the spectrum.
We had some amazing speakers confirmed including Dr. Bailey and Dr. Worling.
Online Webinar: Hiring (Diverse) Talent for Small Business Owners/Operators
Date: October 30
Time: 9:00am – 10am.
You are invited! Join us on October 30th to learn how other businesses have successfully expanded their hiring practices by utilizing the often untapped labour market of persons with disabilities. Hiring inclusively is about accessing amazing (but under-represented) talent and we have the information you need – whether you are just getting started, or need some new strategies and ideas.
The online webinar will cover the following topics:
- Why Inclusive Workplace Cultures Matter: Why hiring people with disabilities is good for business, BC labour market outlook, and diversity as a driver of innovation
- What’s Working for Business: Proven, effective and easy to adapt recruitment and retention practices
- Legal Responsibilities: An employer’s legal duty to accommodate, consideration of disclosure, and identifying what is a reasonable accommodation or easy adjustments in the workplace – presented by Connor Levy, Harris & Co
For more information and register to this webinar, please contact us at: email@example.com
- Events from June 2018
- SAP Labs Awarded Rick Hansen Foundation’s ‘Accessibility Certified Gold’ Rating
- Events from April 2018
- Events from March 2018
- Events from Late January – February 2018
- Events from December 2017
- Events from November 2017
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month (October 2017)
- Disability Employment Month in BC (September 2017)