Practical Steps to Recruit and Retain an Inclusive Workforce
You are invited to a one-day professional development training event, designed for operations and hiring managers to better hire, engage and retain people with disabilities.This training event is complimentary and made possible with funding from the Vancouver Foundation.
Date: March 5, 2019
Location: Fairmont Pacific Rim, 1038 Canada Pl, Vancouver, BC V6C 0B9
Time: 9am – 4pm. Registration and networking begins at 8:30am
Cost: Complimentary for businesses
Audience: Operations Managers, Supervisors, Hiring Managers, HR Professionals
Refreshments and lunch will be provided
What will be covered:
- Why Inclusive Cultures Matter
- What’s Working for Business – What are leading employers doing that I can learn from?
- Workplace Adjustments and Duty to Accommodate – What is reasonable accommodation?
- Unconscious Bias – What are the unintended barriers in my workplace?
- Neuro Diverse Talent – Autism in the Workplace
- Candidates and Employees Living with Mental Health Conditions
- Practical Day to Day, Inclusive and Innovative Employment Practices
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you have. Space is limited so please reserve your tickets. A maximum of ten tickets per organization will be allotted. Coffee and tea throughout the day, and lunch will be provided.
*NOTE: In order to ensure we are meeting the mandates of our funding application, our current training sessions are restricted to employers from large for-profit businesses. We will be having a training session open to our partners from non-profit and disability service organizations. Dates are currently being confirmed, so stay tuned!
- Events from December 2018
- Events from October 2018
- Events from September 2018
- Events from June 2018
- SAP Labs Awarded Rick Hansen Foundation’s ‘Accessibility Certified Gold’ Rating
- Events from April 2018
- Events from March 2018
- Events from Late January – February 2018
- Events from December 2017
- Events from November 2017
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month (October 2017)
- Disability Employment Month in BC (September 2017)