Accessible Employers 101: Building an Inclusive Workplace
On September 17th 2019, the Presidents Group, along with their partners BC WiN and WCG Services invite you to a one-day professional development training event, designed for operations and hiring managers to better hire, engage and retain people with disabilities. This training event is complimentary for businesses and made possible with funding from the Vancouver Foundation.
What will be covered:
- Why Inclusive Workplace Cultures Matter
- Employers Panel: Successes and Challenges from the Front lines
- How Unconscious Bias Gets in the Way of an Accessible Workplace
- Accommodation, Adjustments and Disclosure: Tips for Employers
- Person First: Success stories of employees with disabilities
- Partnerships and Tools for Employers: How job coaches, technology and funding can help you become an inclusive employer
- Practical Day to Day Inclusive and Innovative Employment Practices with Jamie Millar Dixon
Please contact email@example.com with any questions you have.
Space is limited so please reserve your tickets. A maximum of 10 tickets per organization will be allotted. Coffee and tea throughout the day, and lunch will be provided.
In order to ensure we are meeting the mandate of our funding, our current training sessions are restricted to employers from for-profit businesses and large scale nonprofits.
Photos from Past Events: