Events September is Disability Employment Month
September is Disability Employment Month in British Columbia. This is an opportunity for organizations to celebrate and recognize employees with disabilities within our own organizations, and raise awareness about accessible employment throughout the province.
Disability Employment Month information will be featured on accessibleemployers.ca, and Marco and Mahin will be tweeting regularly from @AccessEmployers.
Here are some ideas for how you can get involved
Celebrate Disability Employment Month in your organization:
- Promote your organization’s commitment to accessible, inclusive employment by writing a CEO Blog on your intranet recognizing Disability Employment Month.
- Share a prepared Disability Employment Month article, provided by the Accessibility and Inclusion Consultants, on your intranet
- Invite employees with disabilities to share their stories on a blog or intranet
- Host an event recognizing employees with disabilities, like an Open House or Breakfast with the CEO
- Launch an employee accessibility committee within your organization
- Promote your organization’s commitment to accessible, inclusive employment by putting a public statement on your website
- Promote Disability Employment Month information and activities through social media
- Share accessibleemployers.ca with your networks and encourage them to sign up for the newsletter
- Invite your colleagues to reach out to Marco & Mahin with additional success stories and case studies about your organization to add to the Accessible Employers website
Participate in Community Events:
- Attend a WorkBC Employment Service Centre event in your community
- Participate as a panelist or speaker at an accessible employment event
If you’d like some additional ideas or support, or if you’re interested in participating in a community event, please contact Marco or Mahin.
- Events from June 2018
- SAP Labs Awarded Rick Hansen Foundation’s ‘Accessibility Certified Gold’ Rating
- Events from April 2018
- Events from March 2018
- Events from Late January – February 2018
- Events from December 2017
- Events from November 2017
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month (October 2017)
- Disability Employment Month in BC (September 2017)