September Is Disability Employment Month
September is Disability Employment Month in British Columbia. This is an opportunity for organizations to celebrate and recognize employees with disabilities and raise awareness about accessible employment throughout the province. Here’s our guide on how you can get involved.
Upcoming in October
Autism in the Workplace for Employers
Date: October 16
Time: 8:30am – 3pm.
Venue: GoodLife Fitness Autism Family Hub – 3688 Cessna Drive – Richmond, BC
On Tuesday, October 16th the Presidents Group and our partners are pleased to be hosting an ‘Autism in the Workplace’ conference at the Goodlife Fitness Family Autism Hub in Richmond. The conference will run 8:30am – 3pm. There will sessions led by both professionals who have experience supporting individuals with ASD and organizations that have successfully implemented strategies to make their workforce more neurodiverse.
This conference is for people leaders and HR professionals who are looking to;
- Gain a greater understanding of autism and what it looks like in the workplace.
- Increase your confidence in hiring and retaining individuals on the spectrum.
- Hear about practical examples you can implement to support individuals on the spectrum.
We have some amazing speakers confirmed including Dr. Bailey and Dr. Worling.
Registration will be on a first come basis. Please RSVP to reserve your seat.
Online Webinar: Hiring (Diverse) Talent for Small Business Owners/Operators
Date: October 30
Time: 9:00am – 10am.
You are invited! Join us on October 30th to learn how other businesses have successfully expanded their hiring practices by utilizing the often untapped labour market of persons with disabilities. Hiring inclusively is about accessing amazing (but under-represented) talent and we have the information you need – whether you are just getting started, or need some new strategies and ideas.
The online webinar will cover the following topics:
- Why Inclusive Workplace Cultures Matter: Why hiring people with disabilities is good for business, BC labour market outlook, and diversity as a driver of innovation
- What’s Working for Business: Proven, effective and easy to adapt recruitment and retention practices
- Legal Responsibilities: An employer’s legal duty to accommodate, consideration of disclosure, and identifying what is a reasonable accommodation or easy adjustments in the workplace – presented by Connor Levy, Harris & Co
For more information and register to this webinar, please contact us at: email@example.com
- Events from June 2018
- SAP Labs Awarded Rick Hansen Foundation’s ‘Accessibility Certified Gold’ Rating
- Events from April 2018
- Events from March 2018
- Events from Late January – February 2018
- Events from December 2017
- Events from November 2017
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month (October 2017)
- Disability Employment Month in BC (September 2017)