home Business Case
People with disabilities represent an important talent pool that is largely untapped.
There are many benefits to hiring people with disabilities including:
- Improved Productivity 3 – Research shows that diverse and inclusive workplaces are:
- 2x more likely to meet or exceed financial targets.
- 6x more likely to be innovative.
- 6x more likely to effectively anticipate change.
- People with Disabilities Make Great Employees 4 – Among employees with disabilities:
- Staff retention was 72% higher.
- 86% had average or better attendance.
- 90% performed equal or better than their coworkers without disabilities.
- Expanded Consumer Reach
For companies interested in gaining a competitive advantage, the business case for hiring people with disabilities is important to know. Hiring inclusively is just good for business.
- BC Government. (2016) B.C. Labour Market Outlook shows steady economic growth in 2025
- Statistics Canada. (2016) Canadian Survey on Disability 2012
- PR Newswire. (2017) New Deloitte Research Identifies Keys to Creating Fair and Inclusive Organizations
- Deloitte. (2017) The road to inclusion: Integrating people with disabilities into the workplace.
- Donovan, R. (2016) Return on Disability: Translate Different Into Value, 2016 Annual Report: The Global Economics of Disability
- BC Government. (2016) September is Disability Employment Month in B.C.